Allen Allen Allen & Allen
Position Title: Executive Director
Overview: The Executive Director is a full time, exempt level position reporting to the President. The Executive Director manages and oversees all administrative, operational and business functions of the Firm, including facilities, marketing, IT, human resources, accounting, investigations, and case management.
- Accountable leader for the executive functional leadership team of the Firm, including the Director of Marketing, the Director of Human Resources, the Director of Accounting, the IT Manager, the Chief Investigator, the Case Intake Manager, and the Facilities Coordinator.
- Develops and operationalizes strategic initiatives to reflect goals and objective established by the President, Shareholders, and/or Executive Committee.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to drive fiscal responsibility, including vendor and contract negotiation, including the renewal of Firm insurance coverages, facility, and equipment leases.
- In conjunction with the Director of Accounting, ensures adequate internal controls, to ensure debt instruments are appropriately structured, and to oversee the budget process.
- Leads Firm operations by making well-informed, thoughtful, and timely decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment. Uses data to drive and support strategic and tactical decision-making related to cases, Firm revenues and expenses, and other key business metrics to proactively address needs and concerns.
- Oversees ongoing case management processes, in accordance with Firm policies and standards. Working in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources and the Case Intake Manager, the Executive Director provides oversight to case intake procedures, staffing and utilization issues, and attorney productivity analysis.
- Serves as adviser to the Firm’s President on significant issues related to the management of the Firm’s risks, resources, and opportunities.
- Consults with the Firm President and Compensation Committee annually to ensure accurate and timely completion of year-end assessments and financial recognition for Attorneys and Claims Consultants.
- Works independently and in conjunction with others on trends in the legal community, administrative practices, case management, and related resources. Ensures that external resources are identified and made available to effectively prepare Attorneys, Claims Consultants, and management personnel for complex changes in the legal environment.
- Drives positive employee relations and team building with staff and attorneys at all levels.
- Serves as advisor and record-keeper for the Executive Committee and Shareholder meetings.
- Serves on the Firm’s Investment Committee.
- Takes an active role in the Richmond business community and/or related professional associations to assist in identifying trends in the legal marketplace, identifying opportunities for the Firm, and enhancing the Firm’s profile and reputation.
- Completes other tasks and projects, as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to lift 20 pounds unassisted.
- General office environment requiring sitting for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend and stoop occasionally.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Visual capability to work viewing a computer monitor for several hours of the day.
- Ability to present materials to large groups of employees.
Required Skills, Education, and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management, Marketing, Technology, or related fields. MBA or Masters Degree in Business is preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience as an Administrator, Executive Director, or Chief Operations Officer in a law firm or other professional services firm.
- Strong business acumen, financial management, and knowledge of IT in a leadership capacity is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership position required. Proven ability to execute and operationalize strategies In sum, proven leadership skills are essential to succeed in this position.
- Proven ability to build trust amongst and between shareholders, associates and all other firm personnel.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
- Regular interoffice travel is required, thus candidates with a poor driving record cannot be considered for this position.
- Familiarity with technologies in use at the Firm, including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer. Apparent capacity to learn and utilize other technologies as they are introduced.
To Apply for this position:
Candidates should apply online at https://www.allenandallen.com/about/careers/