JK Moving Services: THE BACK-TO-SCHOOL BRIGADE
ABOUT THE BACK-TO-SCHOOL BRIGADE
Back-to-School Brigade® is Operation Homefront's annual nationwide school supply collection and distribution campaign. Last year, we distributed more than 41,000 backpacks filled with school supplies to military kids across the country. Once again, Operation Homefront and Dollar Tree Inc. have joined forces for the 10th consecutive year to collect and distribute school supplies for military children. Today through August 9, supplies purchased by Dollar Tree customers nationwide may be donated to Operation Homefront at collection boxes at more than 6,000 participating stores. Operation Homefront volunteers will collect the supplies and distribute them to military families at more than 60 Back-to-School Brigade® events and through local community partners across the nation this summer.
GET INVOLVED AS A SUPPORTER
- Set up a Collection Bin at your office, store, church or school –we’ll provide the signage! Just contact your local field office.
- Collect supplies & gift cards at your company and we'll use it next year!
- Help us distribute supplies in your area. Contact your local field office to find out more.
- Become a Pick-Up Volunteer and help pick up donated school supplies from a local location
(volunteer sign-up opens in early June)
- Make a tax-deductible donation to Operation Homefront which will go to help military families through our Back-to-School Brigade™ and other programs
DISTRIBUTION EVENTS FOR MILITARY FAMILIES
Operation Homefront distribute backpacks and school supplies at official Operation Homefront events throughout the country.
Registration for 2018 is open! Check out our Events page to see if there is a Back-to-School Brigade event in your area. If you don’t see an event, thanks to our partnership with Dollar Tree, free school supplies may be available through your local FRG or participating organization. Be sure to build and/or check your profile for new events. IMPORTANT: If you already have a registration profile built, please make sure all information is up-to-date, especially your child's grade, before you register.
Follow us on Facebook to learn when registration for this and other events open in your area.
Thank you to the following sponsors who help make it easier for our military families to go back to school. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for this campaign or our Holiday Campaign, contact our Development Team.